[TriLUG] calling all kickstarters

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Thu Feb 24 22:34:54 EST 2011

Howdy folks,

I've been tasked with standardizing and streamlining our RHEL 5.x build
process, and I wanted to see what others are doing. Specifically, I want to
hear about your kickstart files and see what's in them and why. Bonus points
go to people who build in one VLAN and then move to a different one for
production. Super bonus points if you deal gracefully with having to
kickstart on different VM platforms that expect different device names for
things like disks and serial. If you're shy about posting your
possibly-messy kickstart file(s) to the list, talk to me directly and I'll
summarize the interesting bits back here. Hopefully most of you are willing
to share widely.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer