[TriLUG] calling all kickstarters

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Fri Feb 25 08:30:57 EST 2011

Here is a link to an article I co-authored with my friend, Bruce Garland, at
Cisco while I worked there. It originally appeared in Linux Magazine.

The article covers virtually every aspect of making kickstarts work and includes
information that is necessary but can be very difficult to find. This link is to
the version on my own web site, which I have updated a bit:
http://www.databook.bz/?page_id=9

The link to the Linux Magazibne version is: http://www.linux-mag.com/id/6747/

I hope this helps.

On 02/24/2011 10:34 PM, Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
> Howdy folks,
>
> I've been tasked with standardizing and streamlining our RHEL 5.x build
> process, and I wanted to see what others are doing. Specifically, I want to
> hear about your kickstart files and see what's in them and why. Bonus points
> go to people who build in one VLAN and then move to a different one for
> production. Super bonus points if you deal gracefully with having to
> kickstart on different VM platforms that expect different device names for
> things like disks and serial. If you're shy about posting your
> possibly-messy kickstart file(s) to the list, talk to me directly and I'll
> summarize the interesting bits back here. Hopefully most of you are willing
> to share widely.
>
> Cheers,

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both