[TriLUG] OT: Bill banning Google Fiber to be heard Tuesday AM!

Mark Turner jmarkturner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:24:09 EST 2011

Hello TriLUGers,

Tuesday morning at 8:30, the House Finance committee will hear H.129,
Rep. Avila's anti-Google Fiber bill. It's important to show up if you
can to make your opposition known.

This may be our last chance to keep Google Fiber and municipal broadband
alive in this state as Time Warner Cable continues to demand outlandish
concessions from municipalities and refuses to negotiate.

If you can spare an hour before work, please show up at the Legislative
Office Building room 544 for Tuesday's Finance committee meeting at 8:30
AM. And continue to call your representatives and let them know your
feelings!

Here is a link to the Finance Committee webpage:
http://is.gd/ncgafinance

Here's a link to your representative's contact information:
http://www.ncleg.net/GIS/RandR07/Representation.html

Here's a link to our online petition protecting broadband:
http://is.gd/ncbetterbroadband

Here's a link to Google Maps, showing the Legislative Office Building.
There is public parking across the street at 330 N. Salisbury St:
http://is.gd/ncgalob

Thanks so much for all you've done to date!

Cheers,
Mark