[TriLUG] Ask TriLUG: Best Tax Filing Software?

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Mon Mar 14 12:21:12 EDT 2011

I have used H&R Block's on line web site for several years now and am  very
happy with it. Despite the fact that it tells Me I do not have a supported
browser/OS combination, it does give the option to continue. I have never had
any problems using Firefox on Linux.

The service itself provides everything I need for taxes including various types
of investments and an LLC. I think it is reasonably priced for the Federal plus
North Carolina. I gave up on Linux-based tax software a long time ago, but this
works well for me.

I hope this helps.

On 03/14/2011 12:00 PM, William Chandler wrote:
> Hey TriLUG,
>
> It's that time of the year again...
> I was just wanting to know everyone's success stories or failures with
> filing tax returns.  Any companies we should avoid?  Any companies more
> friendly to *nix users?  Which companies seem to yield the highest returns?
>
> Thanks,
> William

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both