[TriLUG] OT: URGENT: H.129 to be heard in Thursday's Finance Committee!

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 17:09:37 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Chris Merrill <chris at webperformance.com>wrote:

> I dunno, looking at the pricing, it looks very fair to me. It is not a cap,
> it is tiered pricing. If you use more, you pay more...just like
> electricity,
> water, food, gas.  What am I missing?

If we consider the average web-page, how much of the bandwidth the 'viewing
of that page' consumes is actually used by me?

It seems to me that whenever I want to read (for example) a 4000 byte post
on some blog site I get at least 10x that much in banner ads and javascript
which I'd rather NOT receive...

At $40/mo for keeping link on the wire, I guess 'fair' is in the eye of the
beholder....

--
Steve Holton
sph0lt0n at gmail.com