[TriLUG] OT: URGENT: H.129 to be heard in Thursday's Finance Committee!

Steve Pinkham steve.pinkham at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 20:50:34 EDT 2011

On 03/14/2011 08:08 PM, Chris Merrill wrote:
> On 3/14/2011 6:01 PM, Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
> Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of the bill at hand. I am, however,
> in favor of tiered pricing - as are most of the people who aren't in that
> top 5% of bandwidth consumers.

The problem is that the top 5% today are early adopters of what 95% will
be doing in a few years time.

That being said, $0.20 a GB is not exorbitant pricing *today*, but cable
companies and telcos have proven that prices never go down over time to
account for new efficiencies. I predict that the cap will stay fixed and
the cost the same in the future, limiting an increasing number of users.
Maybe AT&T is kinder and gentler with their customers these days, but
I'll believe it when I see it.