[TriLUG] OT: ATT UVerse internet access

Christopher Blackmon ckblackm at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 15:28:51 EDT 2011

>From AT&T's FAQ:

As of May 2, 2011, AT&T's residential DSL High Speed Internet plans  will have a
usage allowance of 150 Gigabytes ("GB") per month, and its  residential U-verse
High Speed Internet plans will have a usage  allowance of 250 Gigabytes ("GB")
per month.  The usage allowance is the  amount of data you can send and receive
each month.

What will happen if I exceed my monthly usage allowance?
You will receive a notice the first time your usage exceeds the applicable
monthly allowance.

In the following months, we will send you additional notices each  month when
your usage exceeds 65%, 90% and 100% of your monthly usage  allowance.  If you
exceed your monthly allowance a second time, AT&T  will send you a
notice advising you that the next time you exceed your  allowance - the third
time - you will be billed $10 for each 50 GB of  data over your allowance.

AT&T will provide a personal usage report at www.MyUsage.att.com where customers
can view how much actual data they have used in a given  month from the January
2011 bill cycle to the most recent billing  cycle.