[TriLUG] Want to Participate in World IPv6 Day?

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Thu Mar 31 10:28:36 EDT 2011

Some people have talked about this as if you have to choose v6 or v4. I
run a dual stack on my network (v6 provided by Hurricane Electric). I've
really not experienced problems with doing this, and I've been
pleasantly surprised that pretty much all the software I use supports v6
already. The only device I own that doesn't support it is my PS3. This
is no problem, since I still have a v4 network as well.

You guys should really try it out, you'll be happy once you realize you
are free from the chains of NAT, and it really is pretty easy to set up.
Do be sure to set up a stateful firewall though, because you won't get
the obscurity of NAT anymore on all of your nodes.