[TriLUG] Time Warner Wideband/Docsis 3.0

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Thu Mar 31 13:52:02 EDT 2011

> not yet, and with TimeWarner pushing their new SignatureHome series of
> offerings, I wouldn't be surprised if it became part of their top-tier
> service only.
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Keith Woodie <kwoodie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone have Time Warner "Wideband"/Docsis 3.0 yet?  From what I can tell
>> it's slowly expanding across the triangle and will provide somewhere
>> between
>> 30Mbps -> 50Mbps download speeds and 5Mbps upload speeds.

It isn't available in my area yet (Triad).  A few weeks ago, I was told
that is was available in Charlotte and that they were beginning to role it
out in the Triangle area, with my area being after that.  They claimed
that it might be a better deal for me than their business class, which
would depend on the terms of service (i.e. can you run a business server).

What do you mean by Signature Home Series and Top Tier?