[TriLUG] GoDaddy CEO shoots elephant for fun

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Fri Apr 1 18:22:35 EDT 2011

I know this is 1 Apr, but this story is linked from a few
places (see google for the subject line). The story isn't in
/. which makes me wonder, but it's in the NYT.

The CEO Bob Parsons posted a video of himself shooting an
elephant in Zimbabwe.

This story

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/godaddy-ceo-shoots-elephant-injures-brand-20110401-1co0o.html

says that

Namecheap.com will transfer your domain for $4.99

This one

http://consumerist.com/2011/03/godaddys-elephant-hunt.html

says that the CEO's hunt is an annual event.

I chose godaddy as my registrar because all the others had
been terrible. Recently I switched to godaddy and paid for
10yrs to then be bombarded with spam. So I didn't have any
love of godaddy from the start.

Joe