[TriLUG] GoDaddy CEO shoots elephant for fun

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Sat Apr 2 09:13:47 EDT 2011

On Apr 2, 2011, at 4:18 AM, John Brier wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:
>> I chose godaddy as my registrar because all the others had been terrible.
>> Recently I switched to godaddy and paid for 10yrs to then be bombarded with
>> spam. So I didn't have any love of godaddy from the start.
>
> I agree that godaddy is spammy and I find that really annoying. During
> the process to renew a service I encountered extra product offers I
> wasn't interested in that I was forced to view and click past in order
> to get to what I really wanted.
> Annoying.

Right, and the do things like reverse each question.  LIke Do you want hosting  click yes or no.   The next question is  Click yes if you do not want DNS services.    Very annoying.   I switched to namecheap.com and they seem to be much better. I don't remember having those problems when I signed up, got a free chained ssl cert with each domain.  Though I haven't touched them in year so they could have changed things.   But so far happy with namecheap.

Matt P.