[TriLUG] GoDaddy CEO shoots elephant for fun

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Sat Apr 2 09:40:59 EDT 2011

Referring to GoDaddy:
> Right, and the do things like reverse each question.  LIke Do you want
> hosting  click yes or no.   The next question is  Click yes if you do not
> want DNS services.    Very annoying.   I switched to namecheap.com and
> they seem to be much better. I don't remember having those problems when I
> signed up, got a free chained ssl cert with each domain.  Though I haven't
> touched them in year so they could have changed things.   But so far happy
> with namecheap.

For what its worth, I have also been happy with DynDNS as a registrar.
They aren't the cheapest, at $15, but compared to the ads that I get
around renewal time advertising $60/year.  I have used a few of their
other services too and have found them to be reliable.  The customer
service is responsive and helpful too.  For example, at one point I tried
getting a 'green bar' full validation certificate and since the company
was too new, had to go through a process of getting an attorney to provide
some documentation.  During this process, the 'sale' expired and I didn't
get the cert.  They then gave me a credit for several hundred dollars for
the difference between a regular and a full validation certificate to use
to get one in the future.