[TriLUG] Have A Job

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Sun Apr 3 00:22:20 EDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 02, 2011 at 06:56:39AM -0700, Allen Freeman wrote:
> Hey Brian,
>
> thanks for contacting me about this.

> I am kind of alarmed that the plan is to go straight through six to seven though.

> Based on my experiences with D7 I think any plans to go to production are very premature. Migrating to 6 makes perfect sense but I think you're going to be inheriting more problems than you solve if you jump into D7 this early.

I tend to agree, although I am sure that I don't you have your experience with either.  The little bit that I have seen of D7 I like, but agree that although the core is relatively solid, the modules are not there yet.

> In any case good luck with your project!

I could say that fortunately, it is not my project, but I will pass on your concerns to the contact that I have.

Brian