[TriLUG] display setting problem

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Sun Apr 3 21:17:51 EDT 2011

On Sunday, April 03, 2011 09:01:59 pm WA Brown wrote:
> Hello all,
>            I need some help. My son has a Dell laptop with Vista. He was
> trying to fix an HDMI problem, I don’t know what, and they clicked the
> “Send desktop to monitor” button in the display settings. Now the screen
> is black. Nothing shows on the screen from bootup onward. HDMI is black
> also.  Is there anyway to fix this?
>

> WA Brown
<obligatory> Install GNU/Linux</obligatory>

And to try to be useful: Running a live CD would at least tell you if HDMI out
worked. Is there another video out option? You could try to use that to get to
the point of playing with settings. Also, I hear Windows has a single-user
mode like thing, you could try that.

Jack