[TriLUG] Looking for Partners on Pro-Linux Project

Russ Jones russ at virante.com
Wed Apr 27 11:42:41 EDT 2011

Ok, first, I set up http://linuxcommercialproject.wikispaces.com for future
discussions if Trilug gets tired of their listserv being used for this...

I like the comedy idea in general, but my vision for this first one is that
it is an introduction of linux to the general world. I would like that
introduction to be

1. Overtly Positive, Optimistic
2. Emphasize the Idea of Linux
3. Not rely on direct or negative comparisons

While certainly the follow-ups can be as hard-hitting, sarcastic, etc. as we
like, I want to start off with something that makes people say wow, that is
great. I don't expect everyone to go and download a copy of linux after
seeing the commercial, but I do want them to respond positively the next
time someone mentions it, or realise that their android phone is running
linux, etc.

Anyway, just my thoughts.