[TriLUG] IPv6 workshop this Saturday

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sat May 14 12:36:14 EDT 2011

On Sat, 14 May 2011, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> Thanks to e-mail from Kevin during the week, I'm now up
> and running on ipv6.

Wow. I can now connect to a glorious 2^128 machines on the
internet, rather than the measley 2^32 that everyone else is
limited to.

like

o ipv6.google.com - get results from the other 2^128-2^32
websites

o ip6.me (which gives you back your ipv6 IP - pretty heady stuff)

o the official ipv6 site for the 2008 Beijing Olympics (all
in Mandarin of course).

o an ipv6 webcam in Koningsplein, Amsterdam.

This reminds me of a Dilbert from back in the '90's (when we
connected through modems) when Dilbert gets the first of a
new device for his computer, excitedly plugs it in, and then
sits silently waiting for someone else to buy the 2nd one.

Joe