[TriLUG] Macbook Curious

Reginald Reed reginald.reed at gmail.com
Mon May 16 14:57:57 EDT 2011

I personally think that the hardware is, in general, better put together,
even if the specs aren't the best.  I have a first generation Core Duo
Macbook from June 2006 and it's still going strong.   The plastic is/was
inferior but despite cracks, it's still in one piece.
I also have a 2009 13 inch Macbook Pro with the aluminum unibody with 8gb of
3rd party ddr3 and a 500gb Seagate hybrid drive that I'm sure will last
longer than the 2006 Macbook.

The fact that I can run nice mainstream apps and hack away at the underlying
full blown *nix is a huge draw for me.  I have vmware fusion but rarely use
it since I have other machines, real and virtual, for other operating
systems. Besides a win7 desktop, I mostly access them remotely.