[TriLUG] Call and urge Perdue to veto H.129 or it becomes law tonight!

Steve Pinkham steve.pinkham at gmail.com
Fri May 20 11:38:55 EDT 2011

On 05/20/2011 11:23 AM, Warren Myers wrote:
> I don't know enough to have an opinion on the matter, but arstechnica had an
> op-ed on it today, as well:
> http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/05/setting-the-record-straight-on-the-north-carolina-level-playing-field-bill.ars

Did you notice who wrote that article?

"Marcus Trathen serves as counsel to the North Carolina Cable and
Telecommunications Association."

Hardly unbiased.

My basic point of view: If you substitute "roads" for "Internet", do the
arguments for the bill still hold water?  Obviously they don't, because
we do all the things the bill seeks to make illegal when it comes to
road building and maintenance.

In the 21 century, how are roads and Internet access so different that
our laws must treat them so differently?
--
 | Steven Pinkham, Security Consultant    |
 | http://www.mavensecurity.com           |