[TriLUG] back up your $HOME

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Fri May 27 10:04:55 EDT 2011

I stop the MySQL instance before I take the backup. I am aware that
just copying data from under a running mysqld would break things
pretty horribly with InnoDB data files. In my case it is fine to stop
mysqld since I run it in a master-slave configuration and I take the
backups off the slave. This is not the most elegant setup but it was
quick and dead simple.

Igor