[TriLUG] PC emulator in javascript booting linux

Brian Henning bhenning at pineinst.com
Wed Jun 1 13:04:02 EDT 2011

I don't need SAN to throw a few SATA HDDs in a Linux box with a quad-core
CPU and run VMWare and have several virtual servers up and running in a
matter of hours.  That’s what I mean when I say virtualization is a
commodity.  Anyone with the know-how can have a virtualized platform just by
downloading the right software.

That's all beside the point of my question, anyway.  What's the practical
use of a JavaScript-based hardware emulator today, other than the
I-built-it-because-I-could factor?

~B