[TriLUG] Job Openings at Rally Software
jellis at rallydev.com
Thu Jun 9 15:10:10 EDT 2011
Rally Software is looking for both junior and senior developers to work
on our suite of Agile project managment tools. We currently have
positions both at our downtown Raleigh office (Glenwood South area) and
in Boulder Colorado. Our group here is starting on a (nearly) green
field analytics and reporting application using Grails and MongoDB
(although if you don't have those skills, but are passionate about
software development please apply anyway). I've pasted in the job
description below and am happy to answer any questions. Application
submissions should be entered online at:
Rally Software Development
Software Engineer - Raleigh
*Engineering | Raleigh, NC, United States*
Rally Software is creating revolutionary new user experiences that push
the limits of current browser based technology. We are looking for
passionate developers capable of working across our stack with strong
experience in building robust, flexible, reports and features.
Sick of working on boring projects with lousy architectures you have no
control over? Wish you had more say in what you work on and how?
Rally is hiring developers to work on our next generation of software
Here are the top 10 reasons developers choose to work at Rally:
1. Hackathon - Every 8 weeks, Rally developers get a free week to
work on whatever they want to help the business. This means that
12.5% of your time is free for exploring new technologies and
architectures. Several Hackathon projects have been integrated
into the product and released, so you have a real opportunity to
influence product direction.
2. Influence - You are encouraged and empowered to make things
better. The team owns all architectural and framework choices, so
if anything is not working, you really can change it! Don't just
put up with it, actually fix it, and you will have the support
from your team and management to do so.
3. No ruts - You'll have the opportunity to work across the stack
to which features should be developed.
4. Collaboration - Our teams work closely together in an Agile/Lean
style, enabling us to learn from everyone's experience rather than
getting trapped in silos.
5. Pace - Sustainable.
6. No dress code - Please wear something.
7. Career - Support for attending conferences, writing books,
blogging and speaking.
8. Beer - We have a kegerator, and know how to use it.
9. Raleigh, North Carolina - There are precious few better places to
live, and none on the East Coast. Plenty of days of sun, four
seasons, beach, mountains, etc...
10. Awards - Rally named the Best Company to Work For in Colorado for
the last four years, and ranked a top ten Best Places to Work in
the U.S. from Outside Magazine. Our product has won numerous
awards and was recently recognized by industry analyst Forester
Research as 'offering the best combination of capability and
strategy of Agile ALM tools'.
Ideal candidates will have experience in the following:
* A history of successful delivery and career progression in
* Prior experience building scalable solutions.
* Experience writing rich, browser based user interfaces
* Grails / Groovy
* MongoDB or similar NoSQL technology
* Object-oriented design
* Object/Relational Mapping
* SQL and Relational database experience
* The experience and skills to understand our entire scope of
products and process.
* A track record of collaboratively designing, developing and
testing database driven web applications.
* and crazy ping-pong skills wouldn't hurt.
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina (We will consider candidates who are
seriously interested in relocating to the Raleigh area)
We are looking for people who are passionate about the software industry
and want to work with the best and brightest. We value teamwork and the
ability to make and meet commitments as well as skill and a successful
track record. We strive for a healthy, productive work/life balance,
while enjoying the opportunity to substantially contribute to the
direction and success of a vibrant software business.
Rally offers excellent compensation, benefits, and stock options with an
exceptional opportunity to grow.
If it sounds like you might thrive in an environment like this, we'd
like to hear from you.
More information about the TriLUG