[TriLUG] can anyone read a 5.25" floppy disk?

David Burton ncdave4life at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 23:05:04 EDT 2011

5.25", no problem, that's easy.
I can even read LS-120 "superdrive" diskettes, and I can often recover the
data from "unreadable" 3.5" diskettes.
In fact, I can even read soft-sectored 8" diskettes.  (My hard-sectored 8"
drive died, sorry.)
In fact, I can even read 8-channel paper tape.  Truly.  (If I can still find
the reader in my basement, and if I do a bit of rewiring work.)
In fact, I can even *punch* 8-channel paper tape, but the tape is hard to
come by these days.

Dave