[TriLUG] RHEL packages and their RPMs

John Broome jbroome at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 09:55:04 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 09:42, stan briggs <stanbriggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> all,
> is there really no definitive guide to what is included in RHEL6 packages? i
> have searched my pretty large butt off trying to find such a list and
> cannot. any suggestions?
> oh, and to answer the good and standard TriLUG initial response: i am trying
> to build a LAMP server that is small than just installing *everything*.

You mean a list of packages and their versions in rhel 6?

http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Client/en/os/SRPMS/

or yum group[list|info|remove]?

When i need a stripped down system to start with i use this:
https://nazar.karan.org/cgit/bluecain/tree/ks-minimalC5-64.cfg

This from centos (
http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS5#head-c79c201900d22f163a445f134fcc6c916eb3cb6e
) will get you a very basic system.  Same would probably work for
rhel6.