[TriLUG] New WiFi router needed: TriLUG opinions wanted

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 11:13:37 EDT 2011

A few months back, I bought my Father-in-law a Belkin N300 WiFi router from Walmart for $55.  Works OK for what he needs.  He has a single laptop and a Vizio TV (via wireless).  We were streaming NetFlix movies a few weekends ago and it worked flawlessly.  The N300 comes with a couple of USB ports for printers, etc.  The only gotcha was I needed to do Mac cloning for his internet connection to work properly.   The reviews don't look too good or bad (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Belkin-Share-N300-Wireless-Router/15120600) - but it works well for him.

You can also look at the NetGear boxes while there.  The N600 ($79.97) seems to be a decent box with USB support.

Thanks,

Ron Kelley
rkelleyrtp at gmail.com