[TriLUG] Fwd: Why Limoncelli avoid using the term "Cloud Computing" ?

bak bak at picklefactory.org
Fri Jun 17 13:30:41 EDT 2011

There is actually a NIST definition of Cloud Computing.

"Cloud computing is a model for enabling ubiquitous, convenient,
on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable resources
(e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) that can
be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or
service provider interaction."

(A little more detail in the PDF...)

I know, kind of obtuse, but it's better than relying on the definition
as promulgated by someone attempting to sell you something. And you get
to actually discuss it and scoff at bullshit implied definitions; what's
not to like?

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/800-145/Draft-SP-800-145_cloud-definition.pdf

--bak