[TriLUG] Free SGI Indy to a good home, this weekend only

Clark Hale xlark at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Jul 7 20:34:04 EDT 2011

This is a little bit off-topic, but you _can_ run Linux on it, so it's
not that off topic :)

I have an old SGI Indy that I would like to get rid of.  It's got
monitor, keyboard, mouse, and an Indy Cam with a fresh installation of
IRIX 5.3 and an installation CD-ROM.  Unfortunately, it only has 8-bit
graphics, but that's upgradable.

Last time I powered it on, it worked great, but that was approaching a
year ago.  It's as-is for free.  I live outside of Charlotte, but I will
be visiting Raleigh this weekend.  So if you want it, and can pick it up
either Saturday or Sunday morning, and you respond to me before 7:00PM
EST Friday (7/8), it's yours.

For those that don't know, the Indy is a early-mid ninties UNIX
workstation made by SGI.  It's the little brother of (and software
compatible with) with the Crimson, the Octane and the O2.  It can also
(I think) run the Indigo Magic desktop, which made a cameo in Jurassic
Park.

Thanks,

-CFH