[TriLUG] Anyone here know much about kernel programming?

Paul Bennett paul.w.bennett at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:10:23 EDT 2011

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:57:36 -0400, Cristóbal Palmer <cmp at cmpalmer.org>
wrote:

> If you are using LVM, as you should be, it is pretty simple:
>
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/snapshots_backup.html

There's a number of different systems in play here. I'm not the sysadmin
for them (thank the maker), but there are some cases where we have to
(e.g.) take down one half of a two-node cluster for a few seconds in order
to make a consistent backup of the data.

I'm looking for a kind of "One Ring" solution that can be dropped in place
for situations like this, where for whatever reason the system is
adminsitered in such a way as to make LVM and CLVM snapshot backups
tedious or difficult or annoying or something.

Thanks,

--
Paul