[TriLUG] OT: Wireless Hotspot weekly rental?

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Fri Jul 15 09:10:00 EDT 2011

I'm soon heading to Wilmington (Wrightsville Beach) for a week for a family
vacation. The place we are staying does not have internet access  :O
Needless to say, I had no part in selecting the location.

Does anyone know of mobile internet providers that handle short-term leases
in the Wilmington area?  If anyone can share their experience with these in
the OBX, that would help as well.

My other option is to root my Droid and use that.  This IS the excuse I've
been looking for to root it, but I'm not sure if I have time to get it
done before now and next Friday...and I don't know kind of range to expect
from the Droid as a hotspot.

TIA!
Chris

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services