[TriLUG] OT: Wireless Hotspot weekly rental?

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Fri Jul 15 10:54:48 EDT 2011

For the droid there is the app easytether which requires NO rooting.
When my normal internet is down, I just plug my droid into my laptop
via usb and eaytether provides me with internet!

The app is free unless you need https. The cost of the additional
features is -- If memory serves me correctly -- around 10 dollars.

jcj

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Chris Merrill <chris at webperformance.com> wrote:
> I'm soon heading to Wilmington (Wrightsville Beach) for a week for a family
> vacation. The place we are staying does not have internet access  :O
> Needless to say, I had no part in selecting the location.
>
> Does anyone know of mobile internet providers that handle short-term leases
> in the Wilmington area?  If anyone can share their experience with these in
> the OBX, that would help as well.
>
> My other option is to root my Droid and use that.  This IS the excuse I've
> been looking for to root it, but I'm not sure if I have time to get it
> done before now and next Friday...and I don't know kind of range to expect
> from the Droid as a hotspot.
>
> TIA!
> Chris
>

> --
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------ -
> Chris Merrill                           |  Web Performance, Inc.
> chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
> 919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601
>
> Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services

Jc Jones
Blogs -
http://www.wendellgeek.com/weblog/
http://kixtech.blogspot.com/