[TriLUG] (repost) Pretty-OT: Question for GPL knowledgeable folks

Brian Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Fri Jul 15 18:37:24 EDT 2011

(originally sent from the wrong address)

Hi,

I've been pondering porting the popular bzflag to the xbox live indie games
platform, since it's an awesome game.

To actually build and publish a game on XBLIG, one must pay Microsoft some
money (which I've done).

My cause for pondering is thus.  If I include the text of the GPL in my
port, include prominent credit to the current and past maintainers, and make
source code easily available, is the GPL satisfied *even though other people
that aren't registered XBLIG developers can't make any real use of it at
all*?

Thanks for all input,
~Brian