[TriLUG] help desk / trouble ticket software

David M turnpike420 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 23:39:40 EDT 2011

We use Request Tracker for tickets and have serviced over 6700 tickets in 15 months, auths with AD so when using IE on Win it knows who you are. We use mod_auth_kerb with apache and setting in the RT config. We also use our exchange to capture ticket requests from real world routed through exchange to the RT subdomain, then masquerade out of RT as the top domain. Lots of docs, read carefully, last we tackled this on Centos 4.x and it was tricky, no rpms. Have heard there may be rpms in EPEL now, have not confirmed such. Tricky internally to itself config too until you interweave their logic. Rock solid once setup. Good luck. Not sure if it will meet all your needs.