[TriLUG] Dell Laptop Inpiron E1505 - external display crt/lcd

Michael Rulison 13miketele at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 20 14:44:11 EDT 2011

I have the above machine, since bought new, about 2007        .
If I use Function + crt/lcd key (both market in blue), the Laptop screen
goes black and my TV or a projector displays my screen image. If I do
Function + crt/lcd key again, the process reverses and my Laptop screen
is on.

But I have read here and there that there is (at least for some models)
a trinary switch that goes
    from lap-on/external-off
    to lap-off/external-on
    to lap-on/external-on
...repeat the above .....

What I have seems to be only the binary switch of the first two rows above.
Do I conclude that Dell Inspiron E1505 is only binary or that it is
misbehaving?
(BTW, it will not suspend/hibernate and recover properly either, though
it has switches for those functions.
Thanks for any light.....

Michael Rulison	-	919.782.9576 	-	Volunteer
RTPnet (Public Information Network, Inc. (rtpnet.org)
3256 Lewis Farm Rd - Raleigh NC 27607-6723