[TriLUG] Computer stores

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Jul 20 18:43:25 EDT 2011

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011, Wayne Hendricks wrote:

> I'm new here, so what's the best place in the area to get
> computer parts?  I stopped by Intrex in Chapel Hill, but
> there wasn't much as far as selection.  Best Buy is pretty
> sad so I use that as a last resort.  =W=

The various Intrex stores vary widely in their staff. I like
the store in Durham (401-9595). The staff there are friendly
and helpful and all the advice they've given is good. The
selection is much the same in all Intrex stores I expect.
Intrex is one of the few local stores left in the business.
They can't compete with the on-line stores, so they just
carry the standard stuff. If you know what you want, they're
happy to order it for you, even though they don't make much
money on onsies and twosies. What they don't have you'll
have to get on-line. I buy from Intrex when I can and when I
can't I go on-line. It's nice to have a local store know
your face when you come in and know that you'll walk out of
the store with something that will do what you want, rather
than something that will just make money for the store.

Joe