[TriLUG] Computer stores]

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Jul 21 10:07:54 EDT 2011

> Separate rant: we're basically in a bad position for computer parts stores
> in the region, from what I can tell, and I'll support the stores that carry
> products I need.

Now that Borders is on the auction block, I hear a lot of people
lamenting the loss of their favorite book store in one breath, and then
talking about how they would browse at the store and buy online in the
second breath.

Sooner or later, these people will realize that if you want to keep the
local stores, you will have to actually buy stuff from them.

Sadly, this same story is being played out in the computer parts stores,
too. I hope we don't lose Intrex any time soon.

--
# ɹǝʇɹoԀ uɐl∀