[TriLUG] Computer stores]

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Thu Jul 21 10:24:49 EDT 2011

On 7/21/2011 10:07 AM, Alan Porter wrote:
> Sooner or later, these people will realize that if you want to keep the
> local stores, you will have to actually buy stuff from them.
>
> Sadly, this same story is being played out in the computer parts stores,
> too. I hope we don't lose Intrex any time soon.

Chicken and egg problem. Before moving here I lived in Cleveland and we had
a great computer store there. It was huge, CompUSA sized, but locally owned
I think. Shopped there all the time. When I first moved here, I tried Intrex
maybe 5-10 times. Never once did they have what I needed.  Their website
was pretty sparse (and still is). Didn't much like CompUSA either.  So I
switched to NewEgg and Amazon.  Saves me a lot of time.

I'm happy to support _good_ local vendors, but I'm not driving all over town
to find a part that I can order shipped to my door...for less.  Life is too
short!

Frankly, I surprised Intrex is still in business...or any other small, local
computer store.  Tough business.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services