[TriLUG] Computer stores]

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Thu Jul 21 11:10:08 EDT 2011

On 7/21/2011 10:30 AM, matt at noway2.thruhere.net wrote:
> Microcenter perchance?

Yes - I think that was it!  I couldn't recall the name (moved in '99), but
that definitely rings a bell.  It was off I-271, maybe near Mayfield
Rd?  It's been too long.

> Last I recall, it was still in business and going strong. Knowledgeable
> staff and on site support and service.   Carries everything from build

Glad to hear they are still doing well - it was a good store.

> your own high end hardware to full system, software, and books.  They even
> hold training classes.  They started up about the same time as another one
> off of I-271 in Bedford that was similar but didn't last very long, from
> what I recall.  The only thing I remember of that store were the stupid TV
> commercials with the lady wearing the head scarf, holding a live mouse,
> pushing on its head and saying, "click".
>
>> Before moving here I lived in Cleveland and we
>> had
>> a great computer store there. It was huge, CompUSA sized, but locally
>> owned
>> I think. Shopped there all the time.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services