[TriLUG] Verizon Wireless Privacy WTF

Brian Phelps brphelps at ieee.org
Tue Jul 26 18:52:17 EDT 2011

I got screen protectors for my Android at the Verizon store today.  The
employee volunteered to take my phone and put on a screen protector.

I watched him as he cleaned the screen with my phone laying on the counter
for about a minute.  I started to get board.  Then suddenly he decided to go
to the back.  I looked down, my phone was gone.  He had picked it up off the
counter.  He came back in about 1-2 min and he brought a can of cleaner back
with him, placed the phone back on the counter and continued cleaning it.  I
ragged him about needing my phone to got to the back and grab a can of
cleaner. He claimed to be new.

I wonder if there is a log somewhere that will tell me if he tried to
connect it to "The Big Reader".

I aint worried about anything.  I log onto a few forums with it to view/post
and occasionally check out guesshermuff.  I don't use it for banking or
anything sensitive simply because I hate a touchscreen keyboard like midgets
hate urinals.

I am just wondering if anyone here has a similar experience.  slashdot needs
to do a poll on unsolicited phone confiscation.