[TriLUG] Verizon Wireless Privacy WTF

Brian Phelps brphelps at ieee.org
Wed Jul 27 18:36:55 EDT 2011

No it was not locked.  I never lock my phone because its a nuisance on an
already annoying humongous touch screen of a phone. Also sorry I wasn't
clearer earlier when I said I didn't use it for anything sensitive, but I
really am not terribly concerned about my privacy on my phone.  I know
others on this list are concerned about their phones and privacy.

I had read an article recently where police were taking cell phones back to
their car on routine traffic stops for scanning using "The Big Scanner".  A
police department here in the US somewhere had bought one for every squad
car.  I also have to wonder if this scanner can bypass the security lockout.
There is more there than just a USB host. Sorry I've got no link for the
story.