[TriLUG] Samsung LED Flatscreen repair?

Jeremy Davis jeremydavis at jeremydavis.biz
Wed Jul 27 23:02:22 EDT 2011

Thanks, this was an excellent video! Good website too, I ended up on their
site for a while watching some of their other videos about HD stuff. By the
way, let me share my living room entertainment system setup that I have been
very happy with. A Samsung 55" LED flatscreen that hangs on the wall like a
photo frame, Mac mini (for DVD, Streaming Netflix 7.99 per month (no cable),
and internet), then last but not least a Bose Wave radio for the sound
system. Almost accidentally this turned out to be a very clean but powerful
setup with just a couple wires easy to hide. Helps achieve Feng shui.

I called Samsung after it went out and I got a quote from one of their
service technicians yesterday. $400 to replace the power supply component.
If the second component needed replacement too it would be an extra $135.  I
said no thanks.

So now I know how to make an easy $400 per hour based on the responses to
this topic. I am tempted to throw up a Wordpress site and optimize it for
the keyword phrase "Samsung Flatscreen Repair".

Thanks everyone for all the great input. I would be happy to buy ya'll a
beer sometime.
Jeremy