[TriLUG] Information on running CAT5 in exterior walls

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:26:51 EDT 2011

What I did back in the day, and it was rather nerve-racking, was to pull the
TWC cable backwards (and a pull string) with Cat5 attached and pulled
backwards along with the cable.  Once the cables were both pulled out they
were tied together I pulled them back where they started via the waxed pull
string.  Luckily my plan worked. I ended up pulling only one Cat5e cable
along with the TWC cable and used switches on both end increase the number
of devices.

Greg