[TriLUG] Information on running CAT5 in exterior walls

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Thu Jul 28 13:28:22 EDT 2011

If you have HVAC unit in attic, follow the drain line or copper line for
Freon to see if that route might work. Look for where electrical and
HVAC folks ran their runs. Stay away from high voltage. At the house I
used to live, I ran 3" PVC between basement crawl space and attic.

Regards,

Jim Ray, MCSE
President

2 Davis Drive, PO Box 13169
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709

main:	919-838-1672
cell:	919-606-1772
skype:	neusedotnet
email:	jim at neuse.net
web:	www.NeuseRiverNetworks.com

ONE(tm) Plan to put IT maintenance behind the scenes, after-hours and
out of your way since 1997 with Service Representatives Available
24/7/365

Customer Service/Support: Send email to support at neuse.net or log on to
our web portal http://support.neuse.net