[TriLUG] Best way to connect with family with webcam?

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Fri Jul 29 12:03:03 EDT 2011

I've used Kopete and XMPP/Jabber with Jingle for video chat. Works well
(especially if you're a KDE fan like me :P). Unfortunately Google's
extension for XMPP video chat is incompatible with Jingle (at least last
spring), so you can't talk with people who use Google's web client. Wee
competing implementations.

I've also used sip-communicator to do SIP calls.

Jack