[TriLUG] Any Fall Internships?

Rob Rousseau ki4bke at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 1 12:14:56 EDT 2011

IBM has the Extreme Blue internships.  They have a Lab here at RTP.
http://www-01.ibm.com/employment/us/extremeblue/

>From the website:
"The Extreme Blue™ program is IBM's premier internship program for
top-notch students pursuing software development and MBA degrees.

Once selected into the program, you will become part of a team working
in one of the 15 Extreme Blue labs worldwide. Your team's challenge is
to develop the technology and business plan for a new product or
service that addresses an existing market challenge.

Through the program, interns have submitted more than 400 patent
disclosures and have made more than sixty open source contributions to
the open source community. They helped create solutions for key
clients and bring-to-market the next generation of IBM products. Not
bad for just 12 weeks of work.

Unlike other intern programs that may relegate you to work on outdated
technology, the Extreme Blue teams work on leading technology that
helps grow your skills and evolve you into a more attractive candidate
in the technology field. Interns in this high-performance environment
get to roll up their sleeves and work with "hot" technologies such as
Cloud Computing, Web 2.0, and petabyte-scale data analysis."

-Rob