[TriLUG] Really OT: maples turning yellow

John Wheeler jwheeler at etherealfringe.com
Wed Aug 3 13:13:06 EDT 2011

My parents have a house in the northwest most county of NC. google Lansing, NC, some miles west of there.

They have a large maple in their front yard. Spoke with them moments ago and it is lush and green. They have not seen any other maples turning in the area either. The temperature there is incredibly mild  in the summer, never feels above high 80s on the hottest summer days I can remember. There is generally a mild breeze that makes it feel a little cooler. Most summer days Hover at 73-78 F. Humidity doesn't linger in the air as long due to elevation but dew is thick on the ground every morning.

Hope that helps.