[TriLUG] Asterisk calls dropping after a few minutes

Joseph S. Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 22:00:14 EDT 2011

I've got a Cisco 7905 IP phone connected to Trixbox going out to a
callwithus.com SIP gateway.  I can dial out ok*, but the call drops after
about 2 minutes.  I've tried to follow the log on the Trixbox server, but
all I can see is something is triggering a hangup event.  It's not the
remote party, and the phone doesn't reboot, or show anything wrong.  Anyone
have pointers to how I can troubleshoot this?

* I say OK, but after dialing, the number, I can't hear the ring, or the
remote party that's answered until I blow into the mic, or otherwise make
some sort of sound on my end.

--
Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com