[TriLUG] hp laptop power problem

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Tue Aug 9 16:54:29 EDT 2011

On 8/9/2011 4:19 PM, Alan Porter wrote:
> I have a brand new Dell XPS 15, a pretty beefy laptop with a quad-core
> i7 and nVidia GeForce GT 435M graphics.
>
> I get 70 minutes of battery time... 70 minutes!

Hmmm.  My Lattitude E6510 is also a quad-core (i7-720m) with 8G, SSD, 17" LCD
and nVidia NVS 3100M. When the battery was new I got nearly 4 hours of runtime.
It is a year old now with lots of cycles on the battery and I still get about
2 hours.  Quite satisfactory, IMO, for a quad-core machine.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services