[TriLUG] OT: Google Music

Scott Thomas chemikalguy at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 19 09:17:26 EDT 2011

Oh yeah! Check out SubSonic. It rocks...pun intended. It's available for pretty much any OS, has a web interface for streaming, and can stream directly to your smartphone, etc. It streams directly from your computer, can do SSL (I have mine set up this way), and is one of the best pieces of software I have. The smartphone app is the only part of it that you have to pay for. They 'request' a donation to unlock that feature, but you might as well call it a purchase. The minimum donation is 10 euros (about $14), which I was more than happy to do. In fact, I've been thinking about donating more because the software is so great.

www.subsonic.org

Scott