[TriLUG] OT: Google Music

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Fri Aug 19 14:22:10 EDT 2011

I will give SubSonic a try first. I have actually used MPD in the past, but
it does not natively handle secure connections and explaining what an SSH
tunnel is to my wife is not something I want to have to do.

Tonido is actually really interesting. It can solve a whole lot of problems
at once, like having access to other types of files, having read/write
access to my data, etc. However, the fact that it's closed source makes it a
bit more difficult to get to run on my home NAS that runs without an X
server (blast that tray icon!).

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Igor