[TriLUG] Ubuntu Global Jam - Splat Space, Sat 3rd Sept

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Wed Aug 24 14:21:40 EDT 2011

This year we will be holding a local triangle gathering at Splat Space
[2] on Saturday 3rd Sept for the Ubuntu Global Jam [2] event.  The UGJ
is a world wide event that runs over the 2nd, 3rd, 4th of September,
with local community meetings like ours, and online participation via
IRC.

This is a community building event, with the intent to share knowledge
and help others.  During the day we hope to work with the other NC
team in Asheville via IRC.

Bring your own laptop, or desktop, and associated bits to play with.
Splat Space has power, wifi, and tables.  There are local places to
eat lunch, or you can bring your own food and snacks.  There is a Coke
machine in the kitchen area.

Saturday 3rd September, 10am - 5pm
Splat Space, 331 W. Main Street, Durham, NC

(There is a parking lot out the back, accessed via Ramseur St, and it
is free on the weekends.  If the building door is locked, there will
be a sign with a phone number to call and one of us will come and open
it for you.)

Thanks to our friendly Splat Space members, Lenore Ramm, Sarah Riggs,
and Scott Hall, who are helping to host this event.

[1] http://splatspace.org/
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam

Bill Farrow