[TriLUG] How young is too young for linux-ish training?

David Brain dbrain at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 09:26:59 EDT 2011

Hi,

For a 'fun' learning language Scratch (http://http://scratch.mit.edu/)
is worth a look.  It's a graphical (i.e. drag and drop blocks)
programming language, is really quite straightforward to the point
where a 8-10 year old should be able to start making something like an
animation/ simple game on their own fairly quickly.

It has all the structure of a 'normal' language, loops, conditions,
variables (and really some threading and some sorta-kinda OO concepts)
.

David.